A Bit About Us
Pelican’s Nest Early Learning Centre is a purpose-built long day care facility ideally located on the Caloundra City Private School grounds in the beautiful Pelican Waters. Our passionate team of Early Childhood Educators welcome children from 6-weeks to 5-years of age, including a Queensland Government Approved Kindergarten Program to support childhood development in a play-based environment.
As an accredited Nature Play and Bush Kindy provider, our enriching programs and curriculum offer immersive outdoor experiences that instil environmental awareness and sustainability in a practical way. From bush walks and tending to our on-site permaculture garden to water and messy play, our children enjoy diverse early learning experiences and embrace opportunities to explore the outdoors - fundamental stepping-stones in healthy childhood development.
We also encourage STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics) enquiry, applying this education model to children’s everyday learning. This includes hands-on experiences that support building vocabulary, problem solving, communication and reflection, increasing their understanding of the world around them.
We understand all children and families are unique and offer a child-centred approach within a nurturing and engaging environment, guided by the National Early Years Learning Framework. This creates opportunities for all children to thrive and maximises opportunities for learning in a place they feel safe, connected and happy.
It takes a village to raise a family. We are your village.
- Baby Nest (6 weeks to 15 months)
- Toddler Nest (15 months to 2 years)
- Junior Nest (2 to 3 years)
- Senior Nest (3 to 3.7 years)
- Kindergarten (3.7 to 5 years)
Being situated on the Caloundra City Private School grounds also offers children the unique ability to access school facilities to experience:
- Bush walks in the beautiful surrounding Pelican Waters Reserve
- Borrowing books from the school library
- Permaculture education utilising the chicken and duck pens in the school permaculture garden
- HPE lessons in the school hall
- A smooth transition from Kindy to Prep, visiting the school grounds and utilising its facilities