Nest News - March
From the Centre Manager
What a month at the Nest! We hope all our families are taking care with everything that has been happening in our world over the last few weeks.
As you may have heard, the Australian Government announced a new relief package yesterday which advised us that families who are enrolled at Pelican’s Nest will no longer be required to pay fees for care effective from Monday 6 April. This applies to children still attending Pelican’s Nest, or those self-isolated at home during the COVID-19 pandemic. CCS payments will be placed on hold during this time and will resume as normal once the restrictions around the COVID-19 pandemic subside. We will let you know when we receive this advice from the Government. The new payment scheme is temporary for three months and the Australian Government will review this decision after one month to ensure necessary support is being provided to families and centres.
Thank you to all our families for working with us during this difficult time. We would like to assure everyone that the strictest cleaning measures are in place for those children in care as the health and safety of our children and staff is paramount to us at Pelican’s Nest. Some of these measures include:
- Disinfecting all surfaces including light switches, door handles, bathroom sinks and hallway surfaces every 30 minutes.
- Collecting children at the entrance once the parent's and child's hands are sanitised and their child's temperature is taken. If the child has a temperature, they can not attend.
- We bring your child to you at the entrance on pick-up, and again both the parent's and child's hands are sanitised.
- Disinfecting the sign-in and sign-out iPad after every use.
- Maintaining our high cleaning standards throughout the day and at the conclusion of each day.
- Regularly teaching, reminding and helping the children to wash their hands throughout the day.
We appreciate all your support and know we will continue to do everything we can to keep you informed and connected during this time. For those of you who may not be aware, we have started a private Pelican’s Nest Community Group where we are sharing resources and keeping our community connected from afar during these challenging times. We encourage you to join us and continue to keep in touch.
For those interested, we are running a fun Easter Vacation Care Program at the Nest for school-aged children. You can see the program here.
Read the full newsletter here.